Signs you should dump who you’re dating:
1. He’s cheating on you.
2. He tries to cut you off from the people that love you most (i.e., friends and family).
3. He is verbally and/or physically abusive.
4. He doesn’t seem to care about what is important to you and what you want in life.
5. You both want different things and he’s not willing to budge on anything to accommodate your wants/needs (ex. You want to get married and have children and he wants neither).
Steps you should take at that point to part ways that does the least amount of emotional damage:
1. Be honest about your feelings with him and figure out together the best plan re: separating (Unless there is abuse- in that case, just get out any way you can and soon).
2. Go to couple’s counselling together a) to see if the relationship can be saved and b) if not, to have professional support in the break-up and a chance to grieve together and say goodbye in a healthy way.
Need more help ending toxic relationship patterns and attracting the partner you’re meant to be with?
Check out my book:
Do you have a question about ending toxic relationship patterns and attracting the partner you’re meant to be with? Do you think if I answered it in an upcoming e-zine that it would help other readers as well as you? If so, send it to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org I will pick questions randomly and answer those selected in upcoming ezines so keep checking back for yours! You can remain anonymous if you wish- just let me know that in your query.