Dr. Ifland is considered to be the world’s leading expert in processed food addiction. She is the author of the textbook, Processed Food Addiction. Dr. Ifland educates health practitioners on using food addiction recovery to put diet-related diseases into remission. She was selected by the Oprah Winfrey Network as food addiction specialist, is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, and an innovator in food addiction recovery programs.
- the Standard American Diet (SAD) being filled with highly-processed, low nutrient, cheap foods, which Dr. Ifland calls “addictive food-like substances”
- the food industry and what happened in the 1980s
- how the brain learns to crave
- the impact on the brain and body when processed foods are consumed
- how many people who eat The Standard American Diet have a food addiction and how you can identify if you have one
- if you have a food addiction, what steps you should take
- obsession and cravings
- how to avoid relapse
- how to overcome an addiction to processed food
Where to find Joan:
Read a whole lot of articles I’ve written on women, eating disorders and body image
Receive my 6-part audio program, Making Peace With Food and Our Bodies, by signing up for my newsletter below.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to this channel, click the ‘like’ button, give it a great review if you really enjoy it and pass episodes onto others who could also benefit from them.